viira vikraanta vikhyaata praviiNa nayakovida |
mahaarhashayanopeta kiM sheShe nihato bhuvi || 6-109-2
2. kim = why; sheShe = are you lying; nihataH = killed; bhuvi = on the ground?; viira = O hero!; vikraanta = the valiant one!; vikhyaata = the celebrated one!; praviiNa = O the skillful one; nayakovida = prudent in polity!; mahaarhashayanopeta = though the highly worthy of turning towards lofty beds.
“Why are you lying killed on the ground, though you are highly worthy of turning towards lofty beds, O hero! The valiant one, the celebrated one, prudent in polity?”
yanna darpaat prahasto vaa nendrajinnaapare janaaH |
na kumbhakarNo.atiratho naatikaayo naraantakaH || 6-109-5
na svayaM tvamamanyethaastasyodarko.ayamaagataH |
5. yat = for that which; darpaat = because of arrogance; na prahato vaa = netither prahasta; indrajit na apare janaaH = nor Indrajit and others; na kumbhakarNaH = nor kumbhakarna; atirathaH = nor Atiratha; atikaayaH = nr Atikaya; na naraantakaH = nor Narantaka; na tvam svayam = nor you yourself; amanyethaaH = has agreed; tasya ayan udarkaH = this consequence of it; aagataH = has come.
“For that which, because of arrogance, neither Prahasta nor Indrajit and others, nor Kumbhakarna nor Atiratha nor Narantaka nor you yourself has agreed to my counsel, the consequence of it has come now.”
dhR^itipravaalaH prasahaagryapuShpa |
stapobalaH shauryanibaddhamuulaH |
raNe mahaan raakShasaraajavR^ikShaH |
saMmardito raaghavamaarutena || 6-109-10
10. tejoviShaNaH = with sharpness for its tusks; kula vamshavamshaH = the line of ancesters for its back-bone; kopa prasaadaapara gaatrahastaH= anger for its lower parts and graciousness for its proboscis; raavaNagandhahastii = the elephant in rut in the shape of suptaH = is lying asleep; kShitau= on the ground; ikShvaaku simhaavagR^ihiita dehaH = its body having been overthrown by a lion in the shape of Rama.
“With sharpness for its tusks, the line of ancestors for its back-bone, anger for its lower parts and graciousness for its proboscis, the elephant in rut in the shape of Ravana is lying asleep on the ground, its body having been overthrown by a lion in the shape of Rama.”
vadantaM hetumadvaakyaM paridR^iShTarthanishchayam |
raamaH shokasamaaviShTamityuvaacha vibhiiShaNam || 6-109-14
14. ayam = He (Ravana); na vinaShTaH = did not die; samare = in battle; nishcheShTaH = without making an effort; ayam patitaH = He has fallen (in combat); chaN^Da vikramaH = eventhough he was endowed with terrible prowess; atyunnatamahotsaahaH = and exhibited extra ordinary enthusiasm of a very exalted type; ashaNkitaH = and remained confident (throughout).
“Ravana did not die in battle, without making an effort. He has fallen in combat, eventhough he was endowed with terrible prowess and exhibited extra ordinary enthusiasm of a very exalted type and remained confident throughout.”
naikaantavijayo yuddhe bhuutapuurvaH kadaachana |
parairvaa hanyate viiraH paraanvaa hanti saMyuge || 6-109-18
18. iyam gatiH = such is the destiny; samdiShTaa = proclaimed; puurvaiH = by the ancients; kShatriyasammataa = as highly esteemed for a warrior; kShatriyaH = a warrior; nihataH = killed; samkhye = in battle; na shochyaH = does not deserve to be mourned; iti nishchayaH = such is the ascertainment of the sacred scriptures.
“Such is the destiny proclaimed by the ancients, as highly esteemed for a warrior. A warrior killed in battle, does not deserve to be mourned. Such is the ascertainment of the sacred scriptures.”
eShohitaagnishcha mahaatapaashcha |
vedantagaH karmasu chaagryashuuraH |
etasya yatpretagatasya kR^ityaM |
tatkartumichchhaami tava prasaadaat || 6-109-23
23. eShaH = he; hitaagniH = (maintained) perpetually sacred fire; mahaatapaashcha = He practised great religious austerities; vedaantagaH = He completely mastered the Vedas; the sacred scriptures; agrashuuraH = he was highly proficient; karmasucha = in even the ritual acts; ichchhaami = i desire; kartum = to do; yat = that; tava prasaadaat = with your graciousness which; kR^itya = is to be done; pretagatasya etasya = to him; who has departed to the other world.
“He maintained a perpetually sacred fire. he practised great religious austerities. He completely mastered Vedas, the sacred scriptures. He was highly proficient even in the ritual acts. I desire to do, with you graciousness, that which is to be performed to him, who has departed to the other world.”
maraNaantaani vairaaNi nirvR^ittaM naH prayojanam |
kriyataamasya saMskaaro mamaapyeSha yathaa tava || 6-109-25
25. vairaani = hostilities; maraNaantaani = end with death; naH = our; prayojanam = purpose; nirvR^ittam = has been accomplished; asya samskaaraH = let his funeral rites; kriyataam = be performed; eShaH = he; mamaapi = is as good mine even; yathaa tava = as yours.
“Hostilities end with death. Our purpose has been accomplished. Let his funeral rites be performed. He is even as good mine, as yours.”
dadR^ishustaa mahaakaayaM mahaaviiryaM mahadyutim |
raavaNaM nihataM bhuumau niilaaJNjanachayopamam || 6-110-6
6. taaH = those women; dadR^ishuH = saw; raavaNam mahaakaayam = the gigantic Ravana; mahaaviiryam = who was endowed with a great strength; mahaadyutim = and invested with a great splendour; nihatam = lying killed; bhuumau = on the ground; niilaaN^janachayopamam = like a heap of black collyrium.
Those women saw the gigantic Ravana, who was endowed with a great strength and invested with a great splendour, lying killed on the ground, like a heap of black collyrium.
avadhyo devataanaaM yastathaa daanavarakShasaam |
hataH so.ayaM raNe shete maanuSheNa padaatinaa || 6-110-15
15. shete = here lies; raNe = in the battle field; saH ayam = that Ravana; yaH avadhyaH = who was incapable of being killed; devataanaam = by gods; tathaa = and; daanava raakShasaanaam = devils and demons; hataH = but who was killed; padaatinaa maanuSheNa = by a pedestrian man.
“Here lies killed in battle, by a pedestrian man coming from Ayodhya, that Ravana, who was incapable of being killed by gods and even so by devils and demons too.”
yadi niryaatitaa te svaatsiitaa raamaaya maithilii || 6-110-20
na naH syaadvyasanaM ghoramidaM muulaharaM mahat |
20. yadi syaat te niryaatitaa = if you had restored; siitaa = Seetha; maithilii = a princess of Mithila; raamaaya = to Rama; idam = this; mahat ghoram = this appallingly terrific; vyasanam = disaster; na muula haram = which has robbed us of every root; nasyaat = would not have befallen us.
“If you had restored Seetha a princess of Mithila to Rama, this appallingly terrific disaster, which has robbed us of every root, would not have befallen us.”
vilepurevaM diinaastaa raakShasaadhipayoShitaH |
kurarya iva duHkhaartaa baaShpaparyaakulekShaNaaH || 6-110-26
taaH = those; raakShasaadhipa yoShitaH = consorts of Ravana; diinaaH = depressed as they were; duHkhaartaaH = and afflicted with grief;baaShpa paryaakulekShaNaaH = with their eyes full of tears; vilepuH = lamented; evam = thus; kuravyaH iva = like female ospreys.
Those consorts of Ravana, depressed as they were and afflicted with grief, with their eyes full of tears, thus lamented like female ospreys.
nanu naama mahaabaaho tava vaishravaNaanuja |
kruddhasya pramukhe sthaatun trasyatyapi purandaraH || 6-111-3
3. mahaabaaho = O the great armed!; vaishraavaNaanuja = O the brother of Kubera!; purandaraH api = even Indra the destroyer of strong holds;trasyati nanu naama = indeed dares not; sthaatum = to stand; tava pramukhe = before you; kruddhasya = when you were enraged.
“O the great armed, the brother of Kubera! Even Indra the destroyer of strongholds, indeed dares not to stand before you, when you were enraged.”
yadaiva cha janasthaane raakShanairbahubhirvR^itaH |
kharastava hato bhraataa tadaivaanau na maanuShaH || 6-111-9
9. tadaiva tava bhraataa = the moment your brother; kharaH = Khara; hataH = was killed; asau = by Rama; janasthaane = in Janasthana; vR^itaH= though surrounded; bahubhiH raakShasai = by a multitude of demons; (it became evident that) na maanuShaH = Rama was really no mortal.
“The moment your brother Khara was killed by Rama in Janasthana, though surrounded by a multitude of demons, it became evident that Rama was really no mortal.”
athavaa raamaruupeNa kR^itaantaH svayamaagataH |
maayaaM tava vinaashaaya vidhaayaapratitarkitaam || 6-111-12
12. athavaa = otherwise; tava vinaashaaya = for your destruction; kR^itaantaH = Yama the lord of Death; aagataH = came; svayam = himself;raama ruupeNa = assuming the form of Rama; vidhaaya = having arranged; apratitarkitaam = an unimaginable; maayam = illusion.
“Otherwise, for your destruction, Yama, the lord of Death came himself assuming the form of Rama having arranged an unimaginable form of illusion.”
vyaktameSha mahaayogii paramaatmaa sanaatanaH |
anaadimadhyanidhano mahataH paramo mahaan || 6-111-14
tamasaH paramo dhaataa shaN^khachakragadaadharaH |
shriivatsavakShaa nityashriirajayyaH shaashvato dhruvaH || 6-111-15
maanuShaM ruupamaasthaaya viShNuH satyaparaakramaH |
sarvaiH parivR^ito devairvaanaratvamupaagataiH || 6-111-16
sarvalokeshvaraH shriimaan lokaanaaM hitakaamyayaa |
saraakShasa pariivaaram hatavaaMstvaaM mahaadyutiH || 6-111-17
14-17. eShaH = this Rama; vyaktam = is certainly; mahaayogii = a great ascetic; sanaatanaH = an eternal person; anaadimaadhya nidhanaH = having no beginning; middle or end; mahaan paramaH = greater person; mahataH = than distinguished persons like Brahma; tamasaH paramaH = the one beyond ignorance; dhaataa = the nourisher; shaN^kha chakragadaadharaH = wielding a couch; a disc and a mace; shriivatsa vakShaaH = wearing the ‘Srivatsa’ mark on his chest; nitya shriiH = of lasting beauty; ajayyaH = incapable of being conquered; shaashvataH = a perpetual person; dhruvaH = being constant; paramaatmaa = soul of the universe; satya paraakramaH = truly mighty; sarva lokeshvaraH = the lord of all the worlds; shriimaan = the prosperous one; mahaadyutiH = having a great splendour; viShNuH = and Vishnu the lord of maintenance of the world; hitakaamyayaa = with a wish for the benefit; lokaanaam = of the worlds; aasthaaya = assuming; maanuShaM ruupam = a human form; parivR^itaH = surrounded; sarvaiH daivaiH = by all the gods; upaagataiH = who assumed; vaanaratvam = the form of monkeys; (Rama) hatavaan = killed; tvaam = you; saraakShapariivaaram = surrounded with demons.
“This Rama is certainly a great ascetic, an eternal person, having no beginning middle or end, greater than distinguished universal spirit like Brahma, the one beyond ignorance, the nourisher, wielding a conch, a disc and a mace, wearing the ‘Srivatsa’ mark on his chest, of lasting beauty, incapable of being conquered, a perpetual one, being the constant soul of the universe, truly mighty, the lord of all the worlds, the prosperous one having a great splendour and Vishnu, the lord of maintenance of the world with a wish to benefit the worlds, assuming a human form surrounded by all the gods in the form of monkeys, Rama killed you, surrounded by demons.
akasmaachchaabhikaamoasi siitaan raakShasapu~Ngava |
aishvaryasya vinaashaaya dehasya svajanasya cha || 6-111-22
22. raakShasapungava = O the foremost of demons!; vinaashaaya = for the annihilation; aishvaryasya = of your power; dehasya = of your body;svajanasya = and of your own people; asi = you were; abhikaamaH = having a desire; akasmaat = suddenly; siitaam = for Seetha.
“O the foremost of demons! For the annihilation of your power, your body and your own people, you conceived a desire for Seetha suddenly.”
tadaiva yanna dagdhastvaM dharShayaMstanumadhyamaam || 6-111-26
devaa bibhyata te sarve sendraaH saagnipurogamaaH |
26. (It is because) devaaH = the gods; sendraaH = together with Indra the ruler of gods; saagnipurogamaaH = including those headed by the fire-god; abhibhyata = fear; te = you; na dagdhaH iti yat = that you were not consumed; tadaiva = even while; tvam = you; dharShayan = were laying violent hands; tanu madhya maam = on Seetha; the slender-waisted woman.
“It is because, the gods together with Indra the ruler of gods including those headed by the fire-god fear you, that you were not consumed even while you were laying hands on Seetha, the slender-waisted woman.”
santyanyaaH pramadaastubhyaM ruupeNaabhyadhikaastataH |
anaN^gavashamaapannastvaM tu mohaanna budhyase || 6-111-29
29. santi = there are; anyaaH pramadaaH = other women; abhyadhikaaH = more excellent; ruupeNa = in form; tataH = than Seetha; tubhyam = for you; aapannah = Having got into; anN^ga vasham = the power of passion; mohaat = and from ignorance; tvam tu = you; however; na budhyase = could not know it.
“There are other women, more excellent in form than Seetha for you in your gynaecium. Having fallen a prey to the power of passion, you did not know it through ignorance.”
pitaa daanavaraajo me bhartaa me raakShaseshvaraH || 6-111-41
putro me shakrani rjetaa ityahaM garvitaa bhR^isham |
41. aham = I; bhR^isham garvitaa = was very much proud; iti = that; me pitaa = my father; daanavaraajaH = was a king of demons; me bhartaa = my husband; raakShaseshvaraH = was a lord of demons; me putraH = and my son; shakra nirjetaa = was a conqueror of Indra the lord of celestials.
“I was very much proud that my father was king of demons, my husband a lord of demons and my son, a conqueror of Indra the lord of celestials.”
naikayajJNaviloptaaraM traataaraM svajanasya cha || 6-111-54
dharmavyavasthaabhettaaraM maayaasraShTaaramaahave |
54. naikayaJNa viloptaaram = my husband ruined several sacrificial performances; traataaram = he was the protector; svajanasya cha = of his own people; dharmavyavasthaabhettaaram = he violated the moral order; maayaasraShTaaram = he created conjuring tricks; aahave = on battle-field.
“My husband ruined several sacrificial performances. He was the protector of his own people. He violated the moral order. He violated the moral order. He created conjuring tricks on the battle-field.”
dR^iShTvaa na khalvabhikruddho maamihaanavaguNThitaam || 6-111-63
nirgataaM nagaradvaaraatpadbhyaamevaagataaM prabho |
63. prabho = O; Lord!; na abhikruddhaH khalu = are you not indeed enraged; dR^iShTvaa = in seeing; maam = me; iha = here; nirgagataam = having come out; nagara dvaaraat = through the City-gate; aagataam padbhyaameva = coming on foot; anavaguNThitaam = unveiled; eva = in this way?
“O Lord! Are you not indeed enraged, in seeing me on foot in this way out through the city-gate, unveiled and come on foot in the way?
kaataryaM na cha te yuddhe kadaachitsaMsmaraamyaham || 6-111-71
tattu bhaagyaviparyaasaannuunaM te pakvalakShaNam |
71. aham = I; na samsmaraami = do not recall; te kaataryaami = your faint-heartenedness; kadaachit = at any time; yuddhe = on the battle-field;tattu = that abduction of Seetha; however; bhaagya viparyaasaat = was due to your ill-luck; te pakva lakShaNam = as the result of your sins; muunam = certainly.
“I do not recall your faint-heartedness at any time on the battle-field. That case of abduction of Seetha, however, was due to your ill-luck and certainly as the result of your sins.”
sukR^itan duShkR^itaM cha tvaM gR^ihiitvaa svaaM gatiM gataH |
aatmaanamanushochaami tvadviyogena duHkhitaam || 6-111-77
77. gR^ihiitvaa = by taking away; sukR^itam = merit; duShkR^itam cha = and sin; tvam = you; gataH = obtained; svaam = your; gatim = course of fate; tvadvinaashena = by your death; anushochaami = I am mourning; aatmaanaam = about my own self; duHkhitaam = so afflicted as I am.
“By taking away your merit and sin, you obtained your course of fate. I, however, mourn for my own self, so afflicted as I am, by your death.”
maariichakumbhakarNaabhyaaM vaakyaM mama pitustathaa |
na shrutaM viiryamattena tasyedaM phalamiidR^isham || 6-111-80
80. maariichakumbhakarNaabhyaam = the advices offered by Mareecha and Kumbhakarna; tathaa = and; mama = my advice; pitruH vaakyam = the words of my father; na shrutam = have not been heeded; viiryamattena = by you; who were arrogant of your prowess; tasya iidR^isham = what is followed; idam phalam = is a bitter consequence (of your perversity).
“The advices offered by Mareecha, Kumbhakarna, myself and my father have not been heeded by you, who were arrogant of your prowess. What is followed is a bitter consequence of your perversity.”
kashmalaabhihataa sannaa babhau saa raavaNorasi || 6-111-89
saMdhyaanurakte jalade diiptaa vidyudivojjvalaa |
89. raavaNorasi = (Fallen on) the breast of Ravana; saa sannaa = the dispirited Mandodari; kashmalaabhihataa = stricken as she was with grief;babhau = shone; diiptaa ujjvalaa vidyut iva = like a vivid flash of lightning; jalade = across a rainy cloud; samdhyaanurakte = reddened by the glow of twilight.
Fallen on the breast of Ravana, that dispirited Mandodari, stricken as she was with grief, shone like a vivid flash of lightning across a rainy cloud, reddened by the flow of twilight.
tyaktadharmavratan krUraM nR^ishansamanR^itaM tathaa || 6-111-95
naahamarhoasmi sanskartuM paradaaraabhimarshakam |
95. aham = I; arhaH na asmi = am not obliged; samskartum = to perform the obsequies; tyaktadharmavratam = to him; who had abandoned the vow of virtue; kruram = who was cruel; nR^ishamsam = who killed human beings; tathaa = and; anR^itam = who was cheating; paradaaraa bhimarshinam = and who was longing for others’ wives.
“I am not obliged to perform the obsequies to him, who had abandoned the vow of virtue, who was cruel, who killed human beings, who was a cheater and who had longed for others’ wives.”
tavaapi me priyan kaaryaM tvatprabhavaachcha me jitam || 6-111-99
avashyan tu kShaman vaachyo mayaa tvaM raakShaseshvara |
99. raakShaseshvara = O king of demons!; priyam = a favourite act; kaaryam = is to be done; tava = to you; me api = by me too; jitam = (the battle) was won; mayaa = by me; tvatprabhaavaat = because of you; avashyam = certainly; kShamam = an appropriate advice; vaachyaH = is to be told;mayaa = by me.
“O king of demons! I too have to do a favour to you. I won the battle because of you. Certainly I have to give you an appropriate advice.”
maraNaantaani vairaaNi nirvR^ittaM naH prayojanam || 6-111-102
kriyataamasya sanskaaro mamaapyeSha yathaa tava |
102. vairaaNi = hostilities; maraNaantaani = end with death; naH = our; prayojanam = purpose; nirvR^ittam = has been accomplished; asya samskaaraH = let his funeral rites; kriyataam = be performed; eShaH = he; maam api = is as good mine also; yathaa tava = as yours.
“Hostilities end with death. Our purpose has been accomplished. Let his funeral rites be performed. He is even as good mine also, as yours.”
sa pravishya puriiM laN^kaaM raakShasendro vibhiiShaNaH || 6-111-105
raavanasyaagnihotraM tu niryaapayati satvaram |
105. pravishya = entering; laN^kaam puriim = the City of Lanka; saH vibhiiShaNaH = that Vibhishana; raakShasendraH = the lord of demons;satvaram = quickly; niryaapayati = concluded; agnihotram = the Agnihotra (act of poring oblations into the sacred fire); raavaNasya = carried on by Ravana.
Entering the City of Lanka, that Vibhishana, the lord of demons, quickly concluded the Agnihotra (the act of pouring oblations into the sacred fire) carried on by Ravana.
raaghavastu rathaM divyamindradattaM shikhiprabham || 6-112-4
anujJNaaya mahaabaahurmaataliM pratyapuujayat |
4. anujJNaaya = taking leave; divyam ratham = of the celestial chariot; indradattam = which had been given by Indra the lord of celestials;shikhiprabham = and which = shone like fire; mahaabaahuH = the mighty armed; raaghavastu = Rama; pratya puujayat = respectfully saluted; maatalim= Matali.
Taking leave of the celestial chariot, which had been given by Indra the lord of celestials and which shone like fire, the mighty armed Rama respectfully saluted Matali.
parShvajya cha sugriivaM lakShmaNenaabhivaaditaH || 6-112-7
puujyamaano harigaNairaajagaama balaalayam |
7. pariShvajya cha = having embraced; sugriivam = Sugreeva; abhivaaditaH = and having been greeted; lakShmaNena = by Lakshmana;puujyamaanaH = and having been honoured; harigaNaiH = by the monkey-troops; aajagaama = (Rama) came; balaalayam = to the camp where the army had been stationed.
Having embraced Sugreeva greeted by Lakshmana and having been honoured by the monkey-troops. Rama came to the camp where the army had been stationed.
eSha me paramaH kaamo yadimaM raavaNaanujam || 6-112-10
laN^kaayaaM saumya pashyeyamabhiShiktaM vibhiiShaNam |
10. saumya = O gentle one! eShaH = this; me = is my; paramaH = paramount; kaamaH = desire; yat = that; pashyeyam = I should see; imam vibhiiShaNam = this Vibhishana; raavaNaanujam = the brother of Ravana; abhiShiktam = being consecrated for throne; laN^kaayaam = in Lanka.
“O gentle one! This s my paramount desire that I should see this Vibhishana, the brother of Ravana being consecrated for throne in Lanka.”
tatastvekaM ghaTaM gR^ihya saMsthaapya paramaasane || 6-112-14
ghaTena tena saumitrirabhyaShiJNchadvibhiiShaNam |
laN^kaayaaM rakShasaaM madhye raajaanaM raamashaasanaat || 6-112-15
vidhinaa mantradR^iShTena suhR^idgaNasamaavR^itaH |
14-15. tataH = thereafter; saumitriH = Lakshmana; suhR^idgaNa samaavR^itaH = together with his friends; gR^ihya = taking; ekam = one;ghaTam = pot; vibhiishaNam samsthaapya = making Vibhishana to sit; paramaasane = on the throne; abhyaShiN^chat = sprinkled (him); tena ghaTena = (with sea-water) from that pot; vidhinaa = in accordance with the rule (in Vedic scriptures); rakShasaam madhye = in the middle of the demons;raajaanaam = to make him the king; laN^kaayaam = for the kingdom of Lanka; raama shaasanaat = as directed by Rama.
Thereupon, Lakshmana together with his friends, taking one pot and making Vibhishana to sit on the throne, sprinkled him with sea-water from that pot in accordance with the rule prescribed in Vedic scriptures, while the demons were witnessing the ceremony, to make him the king for Lanka, as directed by Rama.
raaghavaH pramaaM priitiM jagaama sahalakShmaNaH || 6-112-18
sa tadraajyaM mahatpraapya raamadattaM vibhiiShaNaH |
18. raaghavaH = Rama; saha lakShmaNaH = together with Lakshmana; jagaama = obtained; paramaam = great; priitim = delight; saH = that;vibhiiShaNaH = Vibhishana; praapya = having gained; tat mahat raajyam = that great kingdom; raama dattam = bestowed on him by Rama; (was also greatly delighted).
Rama together with Lakshmana were greatly delighted. That Vibhishana, having gained that great kingdom bestowed on him by Rama, was also greatly delighted.
anujJnaapya mahaaraajamimaM saumya vibhiiShaNam || 6-112-24
pravishya nagariiM laN^kaaM kaushalaM bruuhimaithiliim |
24. saumya = O the benevolent one!; anujJNaapya = taking permission from; imam vibhiiShaNam = this Vibhishana; maahaaraajam = the great king; praveshya = and entering into; laN^kaam nagarim = the City of Lanka; bruuhi = inform; kaushalam = about our welfare; maithiliim = to Seetha.
“O the benevolent one! Taking permission from this Vibhishana, the great king and entering into the City of Lanka, inform about our welfare to Seetha.”
priyametadudaahR^itya vaidehyastvaM hariishvara || 6-112-26
pratigR^ihya cha saMdeshamupaavartitumarhasi |
26. hariishvara = O the master of monkeys!; udaahR^itya = making clear; etat = this; priyam = favourite news; vaidehyaaH = to Seetha; arhasi = you ought; upaavartitum = to return; pratigR^ihya = taking back; samdesham = her message.
“O Hanuma the master of monkeys! Making clear this favourite news to Seetha, you ought to return, taking back her message.”
ஸ்ரீ சீதா ராம ஜெயம்
ஸ்ரீ வால்மீகி பகவான் திருவடிகளே சரணம்
பெரிய பெருமாள் பெரிய பிராட்டியார் ஆழ்வார் எம்பெருமானார் ஜீயர் திருவடிகளே சரணம்